Laptops and Textbooks
Campion Bellbird Books are the preferred book supplier for MLC School.
- Orders are to be prepaid by credit card or cheque
- Order online from Campion Books.
The MLC School Parent and Friends Association run a second-hand book stall each year. Graduating students can donate books and students entering Senior years can pick up bargains on their required text books for the following year. Past exam papers and related texts for supplementary reading and revision are also available. Contact organisers via email.
Information Technology Evenings and Student Laptop Rental Program Form
All students from Year 5 onwards require laptops. Information Technology Evenings are held each year to provide information to parents regarding the MLC School Laptop Rental Program.
The program includes:
- Information relating to laptops
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Presentations by current students using the laptop technology.
There are also representatives from the MLC School IT Department for any questions you may have in regard to the use of the laptop and technology generally in the School.
- Visit Core Technology Partners to purchase or lease a laptop.
As part of MLC School’s commitment to integrating technology into learning, all students use their own Apple laptops.
The recommended laptop is the MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro Retina or MacBook Air with the following minimum requirements:
- Separate USB port
- 256GB Hard Disk Drive
- 4GB RAM
- Separate power connection
- Accidental Theft and Damage insurance
- 3 Year AppleCare protection
Technology Services do not recommend the new 12” MacBook as there is only a single port for both power and USB connections. In short, you cannot use a USB drive while using power.
Please ensure that this machine is purchased within Australia as Technology Services have found that the warranty on machines purchased outside of Australia may not be honoured by Apple.
MLC School provides:
- Full wireless connection across the whole campus
- High speed Internet access for all users
- Network storage facilities for student work
- Provision of a full suite of licensed IT applications which give flexibility in the process, presentation and storage of learning experiences
- Provision of student-based email for communication
- Specialist training in and access to high-end applications
- On site Help Desk and online ticketing system
- Onsite warranty/repair centre for students’ convenience
- Loan laptop pool
All student laptops must include the extended three-year warranty offered by Apple and be covered by an Accidental Theft and Damage insurance policy. The School has partnered with Core Technology to provide a purchase portal that has the recommended devices. You are not obligated to purchase the machine from Core Technology, but for other purchases we require the minimum requirements are met. Click here for the purchase portal.
MLC School has a fully equipped Technology Services team who all work together to cover various aspects of this important part of your daughters’ education.
The IT Pedagogy team (Mr Tim Doyle, Mr Bryce Lindstrom and Mrs Sujatha Gupta) focus on the teaching and learning aspects of technology use.Technology is ever-present in our lives today and we acknowledge its importance not only as an innovator in program design, but also as an enabler in the delivery of contemporary learning programs. The School’s IT Pedagogy team will continue to develop programs to heighten interactive multimedia skills for students in their learning.
The Technology Services team are available from 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday during term time, and from 9am to 3pm during most holiday periods. The team is there to assist you and your daughter to ensure the device is operational as quickly as possible. There is also an Apple authorised on-site repair center. The Technology Services team will facilitate the repair of your daughter’s device with the repair center. They are located in the Enlightenment Centre next to the STEAM Lab.