If parents are living overseas they must nominate a guardian who is willing to take responsibility for their daughter’s welfare in their absence. As a guardian of an MLC School Overseas Student you must fulfil all requirements set out below:
- Be at least 25 years of age
- Be an Australian citizen/Permanent Resident/or holder of a current Guardian Visa and show evidence of this
- Speak and understand English
- Be readily available to discuss matters of concern with both MLC School and the parents
- Reside permanently in Australia and inform MLC School if travelling overseas or interstate
- Attend MLC School functions and events that concern the student eg. Parent/Teacher Interviews, Speech Night, etc.
- Ensure that the student attends the full academic year which includes the first day of each term and Speech Night
- Communicate information to the student’s parents
- Show interest in and monitor the academic progress of the student
- Notify the school of student absences
- Inform the school of any change to address or contact details
- Immediately notify MLC School, in writing, should for any reason the guardianship role be terminated
- At all times encourage the student to participate fully in school activities and satisfy all school requirements
As a requirement of entry to MLC School the nominated guardian must complete and sign the Guardian Agreement at an interview with the Registrar and show documentary evidence of Australian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Guardian Visa holder.
|Learn more about MLC School - Request a Prospectus|