Speech and Drama
Our Speech and Drama co-curricular programs are dedicated to creating rich artistic experiences and aim to provide the opportunity to extend creative talents, intellectual abilities, people skills in a fun and nurturing environment. Programs cater for students of all ages, from Pre-K through to Year 12.
What’s on offer?
MLC School students, their families and members of the local community, including other schools, can take part in:
- Speech and Drama lessons for students Pre-K to Year 12: For any student who wishes to develop their skills in this area (these students will have the opportunity to take Trinity College of London and/or ASCA (Australian Speech Communication Association) examinations). Lessons are available on an individual, duo, trio or group basis. Programs can focus on public speaking and can be tailored for ESL students.
- Diplomas in performance and teaching: For gifted and talented students in the senior years who want to stretch themselves further (also accredited by Trinity College)
- Courses in effective communication skills
- Ensembles for performance, production, musical theatre and ESL
- Holiday productions, workshops and masterclasses.
All courses provide students with an opportunity to discover and develop their own artistic, communication and social abilities through an imaginative and creative process
Who delivers the programs?
The co-curricular speech and drama programs at MLC School are delivered by external specialist tutors who work as actors, directors and corporate professional development trainers. They come from diverse backgrounds, everywhere from NIDA (the National Institute of Dramatic Art) and ATYP (Australian Theatre for Young People) to established and well-known corporations such as the Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Bell Shakespeare and Sport for Jove.
The programs are managed by two experienced and well-respected providers: The Speech & Drama Studio and the Acting and Communication Academy. The Speech & Drama Studio delivers private tuition for MLC students and holiday productions, and the Acting and Communication Academy delivers private tuition for external students, the ATCL Diploma program and various other ensembles and groups which includes both MLC School and external students
For further information on the co-curricular speech and drama programs, including enrolment information and fee structure, visit the Community website or contact our providers directly by phone on 02 8741 3206, or email:
- Monica Brian, Director of Speech and Drama Pre-K to Pre-diploma
- Kayte Borg, Head of Pre-diploma, Diploma, Ensemble, Masterclasses, Productions, Holiday and community programs.
|2017 Speech and Drama Studio Enrolment Form|