Job Title: Facilities Officer
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 8 May 2017
Negotiable salary based on skills and qualifications
MLC School is looking for an experienced and reliable full-time Facilities Officer to carry out all round maintenance work across our campuses.
You will be responsible for providing a minor repairs and maintenance of buildings, as well as the set up and dismantling of school events and activities. The role also provides support to the upkeep of the school’s grounds.
Reporting directly to the Facilities Manager, you will form a part of a highly efficient team. You must have excellent interpersonal skills, be reliable and punctual, display the initiative to work independently and be a team player.
The position is full-time. You must also display flexibility around working hours.
- Trade Certificate in either carpentry, plumbing, electrical, gardening and/or painting (desirable)
- Carpentry, electrical and/or plumbing experience desirable
- Handy man skills with the ability to undertake general building maintenance and repair tasks
- Current Driver’s License minimum Class C is mandatory (LR or higher is preferable)
- Ability to work at heights on ladders, scaffold and roofs
- NSW Working with Children Check
- First Aid certification (or ability to complete relevant training)
How to Apply:
- A covering letter indicating how your experience meets the essential requirement for the job.
- Current resume, including career history and qualifications
- Names, position titles and contact details (email and phone) of two professional referees.
You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident.
You must submit your Working with Children Clearance number with your application. For more information visit www.check.kids.nsw.gov.au/#apployin-for-job
The MLC School recruitment team will commence reviewing the applications before the closing date and interested applicants are encouraged to apply earlier, as the position will close when a suitable applicant is found.
Enquiries about the position may be directed to our Facilities Manager, Greg McGirr, on 0413 150 685.